SCIENTIFIC ADVISORY PANEL (SAP)
CIFST’s Scientific Advisory Panel will include the following permanent seats:
- Food chemistry
- Food process engineering
- Food safety and microbiology
- Functional Foods and nutraceuticals
- Regulatory and labeling
The committee will also include 2 to 4 ‘emerging seats’ to address shorter term trends, along with two Co-Chairs assigned from the Board of Directors.
The purpose of the SAP is:
- Increase CIFST’s identity, professionalism and voice through the development and sharing of expert views and information. A mailing list will be generated by allowing CIFST members to indicate their interest in SAP subjects, when they renew their membership.
- Assist with the organization of conference sessions. The SAP will be contacted by the Conference Technical Committee during the initial planning stages so that there is opportunity to incorporate the ideas of the SAP into the program.
- Develop and provide content for CIFST’s various knowledge transfer platforms, position papers (2 papers will be generated annually), webinars and Directions e-newsbrief.
- Participate in government consultations on behalf of CIFST.
- Respond to media requests on behalf of CIFST.
- Ensure SAP succession planning and increase the Institute’s volunteer capacity by actively identifying and recruiting future potential SAP members.
- The SAP will develop an annual plan, that supports the strategic priorities of CIFST and identify budget needs if any. Planning, achievement of goals, deliverables and outcomes is encouraged.
Dr. Michael Nickerson - Co-Chair / Food Chemistry
Position: Saskatchewan Research Chair
H.P. Vasantha Rupasinghe, PhD - Co-Chair / Functional Foods and Nutraceuticals, Regulatory and Labeling
Organization: Dalhousie University, Faculty of Agriculture
Position: Professor and Killam Chair
Amy Bowen, PhD - Sensory and Consumer Behaviour and Marketing
Organization: Vineland Research and Innovation Centre
Position: Director, Consumer Insights
T: 905.562.0320 x805
John G. Keogh - Food Fraud / Supply Chain
Organization: Shantalla Inc. / McGill University
Position: Strategist & Advisor to CEOs & Boards / Professor of Practice
Monique Lacroix - Food Safety and Microbiology
Organization: INRS-Armand-Frappier, Health & Biotechnology center
Position: Researcher member of the Institute of Nutraceuticals and Functional Foods (INAF)
Dr. Hosahalli S. Ramaswamy, PhD - Food Processing Engineering
Organization: McGill University
Position: Professor, Department of Food Science
Amanda J. Wright, PhD - Food Nanotechnology
Organization: University of Guelph
Position: Associate Professor / Director – Human Nutraceutical Research Unit